I’m currently on a paid holiday tour around part of the world. It’s eight days long…I think. I forget how many days it is actually, because I actually really never know the day, the date, the time, or the zone. This tour comes with free flights, free hotel stays, and friends.
What more could a girl want? Well, actually a lot, but we won’t get into that right now…
This tour includes…
Want to know the latest secrets and
insider info of Flight Attendant Life?
Sign up for our newsletter!
These are the places that have and will be spreading their holiday cheer into my world. When I used to travel in my spare time, I never traveled to cold destinations around the holidays. I would go to places like Turks and Caicos, Roatan, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Vietnam, Thailand, and others. All warm and wonderful. Why would I ever want to pay money to be freeeeeezing cold, wandering through streets blanketed by overcast skies? I am a California girl that has been bouncing between an eternal summer.
But, this new gig, makes me go to these cities that are cold, where there is winter, and where bundling up like it is winter is required. I have found a new appreciation for these places, and with the festive feel, it makes the cities alive and welcoming. I want to be here. I want to be in these places.
I have had two of the best trips within the last two weeks, one that I currently am on now. My colleagues have been great, I have been able to meet up with old friends, and also had the chance to meet someone that I really admire. And as thanksgiving is tomorrow, I just can’t help but come back to the fact that I have A LOT to be thankful for.
So, let me get to these holidays around the world-
- If you are in LONDON, wander around Harrods, look at the decorations in the windows, take in all the bustle of holiday shopping.
- If you are in LOS ANGELES, go down to the Manhattan Beach Pier, at dusk, grab a hot chocolate or a drink, and appreciate the Christmas lights illuminating the Pacific Blue.
- If you are in FT LAUDERDALE, catch the Holiday Boat Parade, the warm weather making a light sweater and sandals a comfortable choice of attire.
- If you are in COPENHAGEN, look for the Holiday Hearts. Go to Tivoli. It’s so Christmas there!
- I could write an entire book on NEW YORK CITY at Christmas. There is so much to appreciate, but I love BRYANT PARK during the Holidays.
- SAN FRANCISCO, a Blue Bottle Coffee, and Union Square. Enough said.
- OSLO– Go when it’s Christmassy, because the weather is a tough one to handle without the added joy of Holiday Cheer.