Travel happens imperfectly. A�Unexpectedly.
Travel happens intentionally. A�Logically.
Travel happens illogically.
Travel mixes reality and fairytale. A�
Travel can feel like a dream. A�Travel can feel like an uncomfortable nightmare.A�
Want to know the latest secrets and
insider info of Flight Attendant Life?
Sign up for our newsletter!
Travel can feel like the only real thing.
Travel mixes old and new, different and the same.
Travel happens quickly and slowly and in all-consuming fashion.
Travel happens when you make it happen.
People would generally make the consensus that I travel a lot, which is probably a fairly accurate observation. A�But, I don’t consider the flight attendant thing the same as the travel thing. A�Being a flight attendant and traveling are two different entities. A�With being a flight attendant the only responsibility, or part one needs to figure out is how to get to the airport, or arrive at pick-up time on-time. Although, even that can be a struggle for some. A�Travel requires more from the participant. A�More self-assurance. A�More energy. A�More thought. A�When one travels, there must be an active involvement. A�An engaged mind. A�A desire to make travel happen.
Because, travel doesn’t “just happen.”
This week, I’ve been happy- insanely so. A�Why? A�Well, I’m in Lisbon, Portugal for one. A�But, I’m not here because work made me go or because someone forced me to visit or because this adventure was handed to me, but because I actively took part in making this adventure happen. A�This trip for me personally is the culmination of over five years of flying, four years of writing, and many rejections. A�This trip is a personal benchmark that says, “Kara. You did it. A�You are a travel blogger. You became a travel blogger.”
Because I’m still in the midst of exploring Lisbon, I’m going to keep this blog short. A�I simply want to get a couple of things across to you; things that have become clear for me during my last few days in Portugal. A�So, listen up:)
- Your dreams are years in the making. A�Don’t give up just because it seems like it’s never gonna happen. A�One day, it will. A�And that feeling you get when it does happen will make all of that wondering SO worth it.
- Never underestimate the power of a smile.
- You don’t know where or when the next opportunity will appear.
- DO WHAT YOU LOVE, and if you don’t know what that is yet, explore. A�You’ll figure it out.
- The route you take will probably be full ofA�detours and disappointments. A�Hang on.
- Don’t get mad if someone else is “living the dream” and you aren’t. A�The only difference between you and them is that they were probably willing to fight through the years of nightmares.
- You can be who you want to be and doing what you want to be doing.