Driving to the airport this morning for my flight lesson, I realized something: That I worry way too much, and I’m over it! My morning had just begun, and yet, the concerns I had over things that I had absolutely no control over, were dragging me down, souring my mood. Instead of focusing on the exciting things occurring in my day, and the blessings of my life, I was allowing myself to be consumed by anxiety. It’s not only exhausting, but frustrating!
And, I’m done.
I don’t often say this outright, but for purposes to make a point, I’m going to now. I strongly believe that, if I am a Christian (which I struggle in the definition) it’s almost a duty to trust that “all things work together for good,” and, “why worry, for who can add one more hour to your day?” But most of the time, I swing negatively, faltering in self-doubt, and insecurity. Christian, or not, following positive thought patterns seems like a much more productive way to live.
This morning, I said enough. I’m so over worry! I’m tired of worrying about how to afford this, and how I’m going to survive that, and if that guy that I like so much actually likes me. I cannot change any of parts of these aspects of my life simply by worry. If I want to make changes, I first need to place my mind in a space of hope, and positivity, giving me the power, and energy to, for example, set a budget, take a walk to relax, or find a minute to make a phone call and talk to the person I’m so concerned over. I can change my life, if I choose to change my life! And, so can you!
This is what I have committed to do: Write the following quotes on 3 by 5 cards, and every morning, and night repeat them, out loud, to myself, for two weeks Try it with me, using quotes that are relevant to your life, and let’s see how this goes:)
Quotes To Make Worry Disappear!
- “Test me in this and see if I don’t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams.”
- “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. Mathew 6:25-27
- You are exactly who, and what, and where, you need to be.
- I have more than enough. I am more than enough. I am beautiful, loved, and adored.
- I am thankful for the nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, and dreams that turned into reality.
- Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be ok.
- “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. You learn by doing, and falling over.” -Richard Branson