Driving to the airport this morning for my flight lesson, I realized something: A�That I worry way too much, and I’m over it! A�My morning had just begun, and yet, the concerns I had over things that I had absolutely no control over, were dragging me down, souring my mood. A�Instead of focusing on the exciting things occurring in my day, and the blessings of my life, I was allowing myself to be consumed by anxiety. A�It’s not only exhausting, but frustrating!
And, I’m done.
I don’t often say this outright, but for purposes to make a point, I’m going to now. A�I strongly believe that, if I am a Christian (which I struggle in the definition) it’s almost a duty to trust that “all things work together for good,” and, “why worry, for who can add one more hour to your day?” A�But most of the time, I swing negatively, faltering in self-doubt, and insecurity. A�Christian, or not, following positive thought patterns seems like a much more productive way to live.
This morning, I said enough. A�I’m so over worry! A�I’m tired of worrying about how to afford this, and how I’m going to survive that, and if that guy that I like so much actually likes me. A�I cannot change any of parts of these aspects of my life simply by worry. A�If I want to make changes, I first need to place my mind in a space of hope, and positivity, giving me the power, and energy to, for example, set a budget, take a walk to relax, or find a minute to make a phone call and talk to the person I’m so concerned over. A� I can change my life, if I choose to change my life! A�And, so can you!
Want to know the latest secrets and
insider info of Flight Attendant Life?
Sign up for our newsletter!
This is what I have committed to do: A�Write the following quotes on 3 by 5 cards, and every morning, and night repeat them, out loud, to myself, for two weeks A�Try it with me, using quotes that are relevant to your life, and let’s see how this goes:)
Quotes To Make Worry Disappear!
- “Test me in this and see if I dona��t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams.”
- a�?Therefore I tell you, do not worryA�about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.A�Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. A�Mathew 6:25-27
- You are exactly who, and what, and where, you need to be.
- I have more than enough. A�I am more than enough. A�I am beautiful, loved, and adored.
- I am thankful for the nights that turned into mornings, friends that turned into family, and dreams that turned into reality.
- Not to spoil the ending for you, but everything is going to be ok.
- “You don’t learn to walk by following the rules. A�You learn by doing, and falling over.” -Richard Branson