Flight attendants are these predictably unpredictable types. You may not know where one may end up next, but you can rest assured that you will hear one of these sentences at least once, or most likely many times from a stews mouth.
“How full is the flight?”
- More full than any one of us would like. Ever. Please refer to the post, ‘A Flight Attendant’s Commuter Life’ and ‘Stupid, Crazy, or Both.’
“Were Bids/Rosters/Schedules Released?”
- Crew life is compartmentalized (generally) into thirty day increments. Before, during, and after schedules are released, bids not only are the highlight, but usually the only light of conversation. (Seriously, if I wasn’t crew, I would think y’all are just the strangest group of people:).
“When are my days off?”
- I’ve never worked in Corporate America, but I have heard that that environment has a high burnout rate. This life must too. Please refer to the past posts of- ‘The Americano Life,’ ‘Can Today Be Hat Day,’ and ‘Knowing What You Need.’
“Why can’t I sleep?”
- I’m tired. I just want rest. It’s 3am, and my body forgot to catch up to where I am now.
“What’s the wifi password?”
- or maybe this is just a blogger’s problem.