Ten things I really love about my job
Are you cabin crew? If so, let me pose this question: How many times have you heard, a�?Oh my gosh! Youa��re a flight attendant?! I always wanted to do that.a�?A�A million. Right?
Sometimes as a crew member, its easy to get caught up in the negative. A lot of flight attendants love their jobs, but sometimes when you spend a couple of days on a trip with a jaded cabin crew member, that person can rub off on you.
Honestly– lately, a lot of my blog posts have been on the heart wrenching side. Ia��ve received a lot of support for sharing my emotional side. Ia��ve never experienced it before this last one, but for the first time I received some flak and woah. It bummed me out. I promise Ia��m not as negative as some of my blog posts let on. If you follow my instagram, you know this to be true.
Anyway, I figured I would pour myself a glass of wine and listen to some of my feel good music in my headphones that are as big as my head and write. Except this post isna��t a heart wrenching post though, its a heart WARMING one. I want y’all to know that even though us ladies at theflightattendantlife.com occasionally write about our struggles in our flight attendant livesa��
We LOVE OUR JOBS!
Want to know the latest secrets and
insider info of Flight Attendant Life?
Sign up for our newsletter!
Crew Life Love. That’s why we write. That is why we share our stories. This is why we fly.
Ten things I really love about my job
- Foreign places. I went to Paris twice in one week at the end of June/beginning of July. What? Who does that?! This little flight attendant does. If I didna��t work for my airline, I wouldna��t be able to afford to see all of the foreign cities I visit – big and small. I am so thankful for that.
- Do I want 10 days off this month? Or 15? Most of the time I am able to manipulate my schedule and have as little or as much time off as I wish a month. Its pretty rad.
- My uniform. Ia��ll admit it, I dona��t have much fashion sense. So this little fly girl LOVES her uniform. Truth be told – I love not having to think too much about what Ia��m going to wear to work in the morning. I basically only have five choices, two or three depending on the season. I rock my uniform too. Y’all should really see me do my concourse strut (when Ia��m not worried about catching a flight!)
- #Crewlife. Its a real thing. The bond amongst crew members is almost palpable. We understand one another and what we are going through. The only people that can understand our jobs is someone that has been or is a crew member. Also we kind of have our own language, sometimes when I hear two crew members talk about work, I giggle. It definitely would sound like complete nonsense to a a�?a�?
- Flight benefits. The reason we sign up for this job in the first place! Duh. I can go to Europe for as little as $65. What. That is INSANE! Oh, did I mention that I fly domestically for free on most carriers? Yeah. Therea��s that. Date me and fly free. 😉
- Okay, sometimes this is one of my least favorite aspects of my job BUTa��. when my passengers are happy and nice to me this is one of my favorite things! I love talking to people and meeting strangers from all walks of life can be so fun.
- When I step off the airplane at the end of the day, my job is done. I dona��t take my work home with me (this doesna��t include me telling my friends and family my crazy inflight stories!)
- I like my life to be lived ‘a million miles a minute.’A�Its rare when you will see me sitting around in my down time. I am usually out exploring or adventuring. This job allows me to do as much adventuring as I want. Every day in this job is different and I love that!
- I work with some of the most interesting people on earth. Last week I worked with a woman who speaks three languages and commutes to work in New York City from Florence, Italy. Uhh.. what. Hella cool. I wish I was that neat.
- Ia��m from North Carolina, I live in New York, my friends and family are spread across the countrya��Literally. California, Michigan, Illinois, North Carolina, New Jersey, Floridaa�� the list goes on and on. Ia��m totally cool with that though because, with my flight benefits and overnights, I am usually able to see them pretty often. Jealous? Should be.
Ia��m chronically tired and sometimes passengers are ruthless but none of that matters in the grand scheme of things because I am convinced I have the one of the coolest jobs on the planet. I think its good for all of us fly girls and guys to be reminded of this every once in a while.
If you are a flight attendant or pilot, why do you love to fly? Our jobs rock y’all. Never forget that.
Peace & love.